D.AM.E.S. Terms & Conditions of Use
Welcome to the Differently Abled Mothers Empowerment Society (“D.A.M.E.S.”) website. D.A.M.E.S. was created for mothers, by mothers of differently abled children. The goal of this website is to create access, support, and education to mothers of differently abled children.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS APPEARING BELOW. YOU MUST ACCEPT THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS BEFORE YOU WILL BE PERMITTED TO VIEW THIS PAGE. BY CLICKING THE “SUBMIT” BUTTON, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS.
Terms & Conditions
This website is owned and operated by Differently Abled Mothers Empowerment Society (“Website Owner”). As a user of this website and any service it provides, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
1. The Facebook members page and the forum are places for mothers of differently abled children to connect, support, empower, and learn from all of our collective experiences. This is not a place to criticize another parent’s decisions, belittle another parent for who she/he is, or bully any member of the community.
1. Be respectful.
This is an environment meant to empower each other. Please be respectful of others’ opinions. Healthy debates are welcome, but please be kind to each other.
2. No Harassment.
Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated on this site. Bullying by degrading any group member’s race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender, or choices that parents have made for their children will not be tolerated. Please report all bullying directly to the Administrator.
3. Respect everyone’s privacy.
These are closed groups and it is expected that all members should keep what is being said on this site private. Much of what is shared on these sites is sensitive and discussions should remain private. However, please note that there are no guarantees of privacy in this group.
4. Understand the Risks.
Though these pages are private please understand that your privacy is not 100% guaranteed. No one on this site is bound by HIPAA or any other laws that protect your or your family’s medical history. Please do not provide any sensitive medical, financial, or personal information on this site that you do not want to become public.
5. No promotions or SPAM.
This group is here to help empower mothers, not to sell them stuff. D.A.M.E.S. does have a business directory and if you are interested in posting your business there please do so, but do not advertise your business on the forum or the Facebook member site.
6. Posts can be removed from the site.
If a post breaks any of the rules above it may be removed from the site at the Administrator’s sole and exclusive discretion.
7. You can be muted or removed.
Any violations of these or any other DAMES rules may subject you to being muted or removed from the group. Any decisions, regarding the muting or removal of a member shall be at the Administrator’s sole and exclusive discretion.
8. Discussions about Vaccines are not allowed
Because Vaccines are such a hot button issue, and this place is meant to be a place of empowerment and not divisiveness, discussions for or against vaccines are not allowed on the forum or on the Facebook site. Any post that mentions vaccines will be removed immediately and the author will be notified why this action was taken.
2. Information retrieved from this website (“Web Content”) is for personal use only. Web Content may be used solely in connection with access, support, and education to mothers of differently abled children. If you are conducting a search for your own personal use, all of the paragraphs contained in these Terms & Conditions shall apply to you, with the exception of Paragraph 3 (which applies to personal advisors). If you are a personal advisor conducting a search on behalf of another person for that person’s own personal use, all of the paragraphs contained in these Terms & Conditions shall apply to you, with the exception of Paragraph 3.
3. You may share Web Content with your own personal advisors. However, neither you nor your personal advisors are permitted to copy, reproduce, modify, publish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way the Web Content, in whole or in part, unless required by law. You will be responsible for any breach by any of your personal advisors of any obligation in these Terms & Conditions. You acknowledge that the Web Content is subject to the copyright and other proprietary rights of Website Owner and you will not commit or permit any act or omission that would impair such rights.
4. If you are a personal advisor conducting a search on behalf of an individual or group of individuals acting together (such as a husband and wife) (referred to herein as the “Client”) in order to assist the Client in connection with access, support, and education to mothers of differently abled children, you may share the Web Content with your Client, and you may permit your Client to share the Web Content with your Client’s other personal advisors. However, neither you, your Client, nor your Client’s other personal advisors are permitted to copy, reproduce, modify, publish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way the Web Content, in whole or in part, unless required by law. You will be responsible for any breach by your Client or your Client’s personal advisors of these Term & Conditions. You acknowledge that the Web Content is subject to the copyright and other proprietary rights of Website Owner and you will not commit or permit any act or omission that would impair such rights.
5. WEBSITE OWNER DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY IT. ALL SUCH WEB CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
6. THE PRICES CHARGED BY OWNER ARE BASED UPON OWNER’S EXPECTATION THAT THE RISK OF ANY LOSS OR INJURY THAT MAY BE INCURRED BY USE OF THE WEB CONTENT WILL BE BORNE SOLELY BY THE USER, AND NOT WEBSITE OWNER. WEBSITE OWNER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF OR CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY WEBSITE OWNER’S ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN PREPARING OR DELIVERING THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY IT. IN NO EVENT SHALL WEBSITE OWNER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF WEBSITE OWNER WAS GROSSLY NEGLIGENT, WAS ADVISED OF SUCH POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES, OR SUCH DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE. IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE PRECEDING SENTENCE, LIABILITY IS IMPOSED ON OWNER, THE AMOUNT OF SUCH LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO THE WEBSITE OWNER FOR SUCH INFORMATION.
7. Website Owner does not warrant the safety of any of the content on the website. Website Owner is not a healthcare professional and recommends that all Users consult with a licensed physician, therapist, or professional prior to engaging in any activities on this website.
8. The information provided by Website Owner will continue to be the exclusive property of Website Owner. Except as expressly provided in paragraph 2 or 3 above (whichever is applicable), this transaction shall not be deemed to convey any right, title or interest, including patent, copyright or other proprietary right, in or to such information. The programs and software which operate this website are confidential trade secrets of Website Owner and, therefore, you agree not to modify the programs or any embodiment thereof or attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the programs or software or any embodiment thereof.
9. You will indemnify, defend, and hold Website Owner and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, the “Indemnitees”) harmless from and against any and all claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, which may be asserted against or incurred by the Indemnitees based upon your use of this website or the Web Content.
10. These Terms & Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any other communications, whether written, oral, electronic, or otherwise, with respect to the subject matter of these Terms & Conditions. These Terms & Conditions may not be amended, modified, or waived orally, but only if done so in writing. Any changes to these Terms & Conditions will be effective from and after the date that the same are delivered to you by e-mail or regular mail. If any of these Terms & Conditions is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining Terms & Conditions shall remain in full force and effect. In addition, in such event the unenforceable or invalid provision shall be deemed to be modified to the extent necessary to (i) render it valid and enforceable and (ii) give the fullest effect possible to the original intent of the provision.
11. These Terms & Conditions will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of State of Arizona. Any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms & Conditions shall be resolved in a binding arbitration conducted under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association in Arizona.
12. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Website Owner as a result of these Terms & Conditions or your use of the website.